- About Us
- Contact Us
9am and 6pm Sunday @ Austinmer | 9:30am and 7pm Sunday @ Thirroul
Austinmer & Thirroul Anglican Churches are located in the northern suburbs of Wollongong.
We are a Christian community that welcomes people of all ages, interests and backgrounds.
We seek to connect with others to show God’s love and proclaim God’s salvation in Jesus.
Our prayer is to be transformed by God’s Word & Spirit.
We want to grow in diversity, Christian maturity and numbers.
We seek these things not for our own gain, but for the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.
The Parish has two centres – All Saints Austinmer and St David’s Thirroul.
In line with our vision to be connecting, transforming & growing for Christ’s glory, we desire to see children come to faith in Jesus and grow as his disciples. Our children’s ministries seek to do this, both in the ministries themselves and as a church family seeking to partner with parents. We want to employ a suitable person to fill a part time children’s ministry position, who in God’s strength, can help make this vision happen.
Core Ministry Areas
You will have oversight of the vision (in conjunction with the senior minister) and
be directly involved in these three core children’s ministry areas.
You will be responsible for:
• the programs & the biblical content used;
• the identifying\raising\training of new & current leaders;
• building leadership teams in the ministries;
• influencing the culture of these ministries so they reflect the vision & direction.
1. Kids’ Church & BC in the 9am congregation
Kids Church has Pods (3yrs old – 5yrs old) & Thrive (kindy-Yr 5) in two sections.
BC for Yr6-Yr9 students. There are approximately 100 children on our parish roll.
2. Primary SRE Team
We teach SRE in 4 local primary schools on Tuesdays and have this year a team of 4-6 teachers. You will have oversight of the team and teach classes.
3. Mid-week primary aged kids club
Currently we have GFS (girls 7yrs & up) on a Tuesday night. And CEBS (boys 7yrs & up) on a Wednesday night. In 2017 we want to run a combined mid-week group eg ‘Kids Cub’, that meets from 4pm on either Tuesday or Wednesday. This is to renew these two ministries and build a better connection with our SRE program.
Other Ministry Areas
1. Discipleship pathway & partnering with families
You will work with our assistant minister (who oversees youth ministry) on a pathway for discipleship for children & young people in our church life. One tangible area has been in the training of junior leaders for ministry. As a church community we want to get better at partnering with families to help them disciple their children.
2. Guidance for other child related ministries
We have two playgroups that meet on Monday & Tuesdays respectively. We run evangelistic events such as Gingerbread nights & ‘Kids Biz’ one-day holiday clubs. Coordination of one-off evangelistic events would be a possibility.
3. Training & support of leaders in our children’s ministries
The main avenue for this will be working alongside adult & junior leaders in the core ministries. You will also be responsible for organising and\or accessing specific training opportunities. For example Safe Ministry Training. How this training and support is done is open to be worked out by you in consultation with the senior minister and lay leaders.
The person we’re looking for
• have a heart & passion to see children come to faith & grow as disciples of Jesus;
• have skills & experience in Bible teaching and ministry with children; (other child related training\experience such as infants\primary teacher would be an advantage);
• have theological education or are in the process of pursuing theological educational;
• have the capacity to train others and work in a team;
• have the discipline to manage your own time and be able to work under the authority structures of our church.
You must be able to comply with Diocesan & NSW government working with children requirements, eg WWCC number.
You will be remunerated according to Sydney Diocesan Remuneration Guidelines in accordance with your education, training & experience.
The position is tailored for 4 days per week, though 3 days per week for the right candidate would be considered.
Your application should include a CV, and letter outlining your experience in working with children & teams and your theology in ministry with children. And emailed to the address below.
The position is currently open, though recognising a candidate maybe more suited to start in early 2017.
For further information please contact me on
p: 0425 262 162 or e: email@example.com
Steve Dinning, Minister